FAB! is an all volunteer organization. We encourage members to be fully involved in the grant process and in any other area of interest. FAB! is a fun and active group fully engaged in the arts community. Your work will be rewarded with quality programs and exhibits throughout Broward County in all areas of the art world – theater, film, dance, music, opera, and museum exhibits.
Members are invited and encouraged to join one of our following Committees:
- Screening Teams: Training session will be held January 28, 2015 to review the screening process. The session is mandatory for participation and will be held this year at the Bank of America Building at 401 E. Las Olas Blvd, Ground Floor Community Room. Please fill out the form below, or contact FABgrants@gmail.com if you are interested in participating.
- Grant Committee: The Grant Committee is responsible for the evaluation and subsequent recommendation of awards to the membership. The applications are evaluated within the disciplines divided as follows: Music Screening Team, Visual Arts Screening Team, Theatre Screening Team, and Dance Screening Team.
- Program Committee: The Program Committee is responsible for the creative planning process for the quarterly luncheons.
- Communication Committee: The Communication Committee is responsible for writing articles about FAB! sponsored events and generating and promoting press relations.
- Membership Committee: The Membership Committee is responsible for the promotion and maintenance of membership participation.
- FAB! Fun Committee: FAB! Fun is responsible for the organization of member functions at grantee performances and exhibits.
Our 2015 screening process will start January 28th, and end March 11th.
All grant applications are now online so you can read them at your convenience. If you haven’t served on a team before, don’t be nervous. We conduct a thorough training session and we pair new members with experienced members to mentor you in each step of the process. Past screening team members, we count on you to bring your enthusiasm and experience to the process again this year!
Training Date: January 28, 2015
Time: 10:00 am, allow approx. two hours
Place: Bank of America Building at 401 E. Las Olas Blvd, Ground Floor Community Room
Screening Team Criteria:
- Be a paid member by January 28, 2015.
- Employees, board members, or donors* of $5,000 or more annually with an arts organization may not serve on the team of that organization’s discipline. (*Donors include immediate family members or family foundations.)
- Be available to attend the Screening Team Training Session and be available to conduct at least two on-site visits to the applicants of your discipline.
- Read and score grant applications assigned to your screening team and be prepared for a wrap-up meeting to score grants by deadline of March 11, 2015.
If you have a conflict with the Screening Team Training Date, or questions about the screening process please contact Diane Hardy at email@example.com.