Funding Arts Broward is a membership based organization that acts as an umbrella non-profit in support of visual and performing arts to benefit residents and students of Broward County.
- Annual Dues:$1500, $2250 for couples and $750 for under 40
- Membership Demographics: Women, men, corporate executives, business owners, artist, philanthropist etc.
– the only common denominator is an interest in supporting the arts.
- Established: May, 2003 in response to drastic governmental cuts to the arts. This is our 19th year.
- Purpose: To provide an additional funding source to qualified non-profit arts organizations in Broward County.
- Goal: To create a sustainable expanding funding pool to support education, involvement and appreciation of the arts.
- Mission Statement: Funding Arts Broward supports, sustains and enriches the arts in our community.
- Grant Process: A competitive process awarding yearly grants to qualified nonprofit visual and performing arts organizations that present high quality and socially responsible programs in Broward County. This is a participatory system run by the members. Through the thorough review of applications, site visits, and extensive discussions among team members, proposals from arts organizations are selected for funding. The entire membership votes to approve recommendations of the grant screening teams. We fund in arrears (after the event) so we have never lost one dollar.
- Number of different non-profit arts organizations receiving grants since inception: Approximately 90
- Number of members: Up to 180.
- Amount awarded since inception: approximately $4.5 million plus.
- BE THE SPARK Campaign: Created as a way for members and friends of FAB to offer additional support to help insure the viability of FAB, and its mission and its ability to make an even greater impact on the arts community in the the future in honor of FAB’s 20th year of giving. Learn more about “BETHESPARK”
- Membership Development: Personal invitations to join and/or attend events, community engagement, referrals.
Who is FAB?
Funding Arts Broward, Inc. (FAB) was formed in the summer of 2003, by a group of dynamic art enthusiasts who came together in response to a growing concern about significant cuts in government funding to the arts. FAB’s objective is to enrich the cultural life of Broward County by funding high quality visual and performing arts programs that are open to the public.
Through members’ contributions, we create a sustainable, expanding pool of funds to award as grants to eligible non-profit arts organizations. Each individual FAB member contributes a minimum of $1,500 annually, each couple at least $2,250 and Individuals (under 40), $750. Our corporate partners also contribute significantly to the funding pool.
FAB encourages its members to become involved directly in the grant making process. Once a year, interested members participate in an exciting process of grant evaluations, lively team discussions and partnered site visits to a wide variety of local arts organizations that have applied for grants. For many members, having such direct behind-the-scenes involvement and engagement with our local arts providers is the highlight of the FAB experience.
To further educate our members as well as the greater community, FAB hosts an ongoing series of events for members and their guests. These typically feature informative presentations on a wide spectrum of topics, trends, and issues related to the visual and performing arts and frequently include FAB! grantees. Members appreciate the opportunity to come together, share their knowledge, make new friends and stay active in the local arts scene.
All FAB members share a commitment to support the needs of the local arts community. We welcome all who share the belief that art and culture has the power to transform lives, transcend our differences, and bring us together in celebration of the human spirit.
To view our Board Members, click here.
A competitive annual grant process awards grants to nonprofit, visual, music, and performing arts organizations that present high quality programs in Broward County and meet the FAB eligibility requirements. Grant finalists are selected through a rigorous screening process by member volunteer screening teams. These screening teams are made up FAB members who volunteer their services as screeners. FAB provides training in grant evaluation to its volunteers, so previous experience is not necessary. At the conclusion of the screening process, grant recipients are determined by a majority vote of the members.
Funding Arts Broward, Inc. (FAB) is strongly committed to Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its programs or activities.
For more information contact FAB Director of Operation for more information. Kat Sierra by email: email@example.com or by phone: 965-353-7673
FUNDING ARTS BROWARD, INC., REGISTRATION #CH16211, IS REGISTERED WITH THE STATE UNDER THE SOLICITATION OF CONTRIBUTIONS ACT. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.